Adventure Caving in Haritun
Come on and join us for an exceptional Indiana Jones crawling experience in the 3-D maze of one of the biggest caves in Israel. Book with Wild-Trails for a spectacular experience.
This expedition will bring you a rush of adrenaline, as you explore the Judean Desert from above and below. You will learn the fascinating story of Haritun Cave, a network of dwellings carved into the mountainside. The cave is a labyrinth of low passages and, so it is easy to get lost – but don’t worry, our professional guides know every tunnel and hall.
This tour also includes a historical component, as we take you over the Tekoa canyon, where you will glimpse the Byzantine Laura monastery, which was abandoned by monks a long time ago.
This historical and surprising adventure will carve memories that will last you a lifetime.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Meet at Jerusalem city center and head to the cave, driving via the famous Herodion.
After 20 minutes drive, we will park the cars and start our adventure! Participants will receive all the necessary equipment.
We will walk above a narrow canyon, using the starlight to find our way through the desert blackout where monks used to live 2000 years ago.
Once we reach the cave we’ll dive in for an underground adventure!
You love this trip but cannot join on regular days?
click on the inquire booking button to schedule a more convenient time!
- A 2-way satellite communication device (will be held by the tour leader).
- Desert caving equipment.
- Coffee, tea, and cookies throughout the hike.
- Personal expenses.
- Transportation (extra service)
- Personal equipment or any gear that is written in the gear requirements appendix (please let us know in advance and we will try to help you get all the necessary gear for the trip).
- Anything that was not specified in the section “the price includes” or was not agreed upon in advance.